[Http-recorder] setting up the proxy....

George Gallen ggallen at slackinc.com
Tue Jun 8 12:46:47 EDT 2004

to your first question, no the gateway isn't a proxy as well.

As for access control...

>From the PC side, it looks like it's being dropped immediately,
but from the server side (tcpdump), there is negotiation, so
I know it's reaching the server. and when the proxy server
isn't running, there is the same negotiation, which is also the
same as when I try to telnet to another port which doesn't have a
listener.

Possibly it's access control on the system side, but it shouldn't.

I'll have to try to set it up on the PC side now and see what I get.

Thanks
George