[HTTP-Recorder] JavaScript Support

Linda L. Julien leira at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 3 15:35:11 EDT 2004

Rick wrote:

> Is anyone working on Javascript support at the minute? If so what is the
> status of your work?

I did proof of concept a while back, had great success, and then put it
aside.

> I have done some fiddling and hacking using the Javascript::SpiderMonkey
> module but don't want to head off in a direction different to the crowd.

That's exactly what I used (and I managed to convince the author to put
it on CPAN, so that I could feel good about using it.  It's a great
module, IMO.

> Any pointers to current documentation or old discussions welcome, I had
> a look in the archive but couldn't see anything of use.

I don't think there have been any discussions, other than the ones I've
personally had.

I think there's a lot of promise down this path.  The first step would
be to add JS support to WWW::Mechanize, and then teach HTTP::Recorder
how to record it and spit it out.

Linda