[HTTP-Recorder] Not opening control panel window and Not creating Log File

Linda L. Julien leira at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 25 14:00:01 EDT 2005

Zaw Win Htike wrote:
 > When I run the following code, it generate only printed message,
 > seems like nothing is happening for opening control panel window and
 > creating log file.
 >
 > Can someone help?
 >
 > here is my code
 > ###############################################################
 >
 > #!/usr/bin/perl
 >
 > use HTTP::Proxy; use HTTP::Recorder;

If you put:

     use strict;
     use warnings;

at the top of your script, you'll get a lot more information about
what's wrong.

 > print "calling showwindow function \n"; showwindow => 1;

This needs to be:

     $agent->showwindow(1);

However, if you take a look at HTTP::Recorder 0.05, you'll see that this
method is obsolete.

 > # spare futile attempts at accessing control panel
 >
 > print "setting control panel setting \n"; control =>
 > "http://http-recorder/ <http://http-recorder/>";

To set the control URL, you'll need to do this:

     $agent->control('http://my_recorder_url');

I suspect that in spite of these problems, your script would have
recorded properly anyway.  However, you won't see anything in the script
file until you set your browser to use the proxy and start recording
something.

Perhaps the Recorder should write a comment to the log file when it's
instantiated, just so that you can tell it's working.  If you'd like to
enter a feature request like this at http://rt.cpan.org/ I'll take a
look at it.

Thanks,
Linda