[HTTP-Recorder] Fw: Problem:Can't locate objectmethod "query_param" via package

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Dec 1 12:56:24 EST 2005

Ivan Pechorin wrote:
> Hello, people!
>
> Michael Peters wrote:
>

>>>also is
>>>there any way to make HTTP recorder work/handle Java Scripts.
>

>>There sure is. Write a JavaScript interpreter in Perl that can also parse
>
> HTML (and CSS) and create a Document Object Model. But make sure it's
> configurable so that it can behave like either IE, or Mozilla (or Safari or
> Opera, etc).
>
>>So it can be done, but it's a monumental task. It basically means that you
>
> need to write an entire browser in Perl with no visual components.
>
> Another way is to use Mozilla's C implementation of Javascript:
> http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/
> I suppose that this is much easier task.

But you would still need to parse the HTML, create the appropriate DOM objects
while parsing and executing that JavaScript (since order and position in the
HTML source is important). And that just covers Mozilla.

It's not impossible, but it's still basically writing a JS enabled browser
without the rendering.

--
Michael Peters
Developer