[Net-IMAP-Server] Logging

Dan Keder keder at fi.muni.cz
Tue Oct 13 07:26:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

I refined logging in Net::IMAP::Server. It is possible to log into file,
to stdout or using syslog. There are three new options for
Net::IMAP::Server->new():

log_level

Level of log verbosity. The higher number the more verbose log messages
will be. Available values are:

   0 - error
   1 - warning
   2 - notice
   3 - info
   4 - debug

log_type

Type of logging we want. Available values are:

Available logging types:
   STDOUT   Write log messages to standard output (default).
   SYSLOG   Use syslog
   FILE     Write log messages to custom file

log_file

If the log_type is set to "FILE", this must contain the path to the log
file.

The patch is attached.

I also added support for flat mailbox structure, i.e. mailboxes with
undefined hierarchy separator. It is in the same diff file (Sorry for
that, I am too lazy to separate it. If you need it as two files, I can
look into it.).

Regards,
dan

--
Dan Keder
Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University