[Prophet] sd test failures

David Bacher drbacher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:33:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> When did you pull the svn source for sd and prophet? We've been working
> over the past couple days to cut down dependencies. UNIVERSAL::require is
> one of the things we should have gotten rid of.

I grabbed the source right before doing the builds:

$ cd Code/sd
$ svn info
Repository Root: http://code.bestpractical.com/bps-public
Repository UUID: e417ac7c-1bcc-0310-8ffa-8f5827389a85
Revision: 14719
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: spang
Last Changed Rev: 14710
Last Changed Date: 2008-08-01 08:38:36 -0700 (Fri, 01 Aug 2008)

> I've actually just built out a package of SD and all its dependencies. Can
> you give the following a shot:
>
> wget http://fsck.com/~jesse/sd-bundle.tgz<http://fsck.com/%7Ejesse/sd-bundle.tgz>
> cd sd-bundle
> ./bin/shipwright-builder --install-base
> /usr/local/sd  --skip-test-except-final
> ln -s /usr/local/sd/bin/sd /usr/local/bin/sd

The bundle installs everything fine. At the start, there are lots of errors
like:
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
Can't open perl script "Build": No such file or directory

But after a bunch of those messages, the real install process begins, the
dependencies are installed and the sd tests pass.

Interestingly, the install does answer one lingering question. When I
installed from source, the dependency install hung during the Rsync module
build .. no prompt, just build no progress seemed to be happening. I hit
return a couple times and it proceeded. I didn't follow the directions to
automatically use the defaults. When I installed the bundle, the Rsync build
asked for the location of rsync. Ah ha!

Cheers!
-dave

--