[Prophet] Missing dependency checking on Data::Dump, missing META.yml

Brett Nash nash at nash.id.au
Tue Apr 5 20:22:10 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 22:41 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from git://github.com/bestpractical/prophet.git, I installed
> dependencies through apt-get build-dep prophet (since cpanplus was
> prompting me for my sudo password to install missing dependencies,
> while I didn't want to install hand-built binaries all over the
> place).

> | *** Module::AutoInstall configuration finished.
> | Checking if your kit is complete...
> | Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
> | 	META.yml
> | Please inform the author.
> | Writing Makefile for Prophet
>
> So I'm informing you. :-)

I think the issue here is the debian dependencies for the debian package
are not the same as the dependencies for the upstream package.

I just did:
% sudo apt-get build-dep prophet
% apt-get source prophet
% cd prophet-0.743
% debuild -us -uc
% echo $?
0
% cd ..
% sudo dpkg --installl libprophet-perl_0.743-1_all.deb
% echo $?
0

	Regards,
	nash