[Prophet] prophet mailing list archives on Gmane

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Thu Jan 27 05:21:16 EST 2011

> >       Yes, I can see the “Gzip'd Text” links, but these lead to the
> >       version of the archive deprived of both all the lesser header
> >       fields, and of MIME:
> >
> > $ wget -qO - \
> >
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/prophet/2010-September.txt.gz \
> >       | zcat \
> >       | sed -e 36,63\!d
>
> Ah. Interesting. I didn't know that.

I've gotten several list archives up on gmane my importing a bunch of the
.mbox files into my MUA and then exporting that as one large mbox archive,
making a .tgz and posting it somewhere for gmane admins to download. I
haven't seen any issues with threading, but you are probably right that MIME
won't be included.

-Danny