[Prophet] Installation problem

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Apr 11 12:49:25 EDT 2013

Hi Stéphane,

Quoting Stéphane Mourey (2013-04-11 18:04:00)
> I was curious to try SD, and wanted to install it from it Git sources.
> It required Prophet, ok, so I tried to install it also from Git,
> following instructions find here :
> http://syncwith.us/prophet/download/ Everything go right until this :
> PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT=1 perl Makefile.PL This is what I get : Can't open
> perl script "Makefile.PL" Actually, there is no Makefile.PL or thing
> like this in the prophet directory. So it seems to me that the
> documentation is outdated. Can anyone help to solve this issue?

It is common to only track manually written code in VCS, and only
include autogenerated files when releasing tarballs.

You need to get your hands a bit more dirty if you want to use the git
sources (hint: man Dist::Zilla), or use released tarballs which
corresponds better to documentated install routines.

Hope that helps,

 - Jonas