[Pushmi-users] warnings from perl Makefile.PL

bremner at unb.ca bremner at unb.ca
Tue Jun 26 09:56:40 EDT 2007

Hi All;

I wouldn't normally pester the list about these, but since I am
building debian packages, hopefully for inclusion in the main archive,
I am feeling fussier than usual.

The first warning is:

WARNING: VERSION takes a string/number not a version reference.
         Please inform the author.

I'm not sure exactly what is going on here, but I did notice that
META.yml ends with

version: !!perl/hash:version
  qv: 1
  version:
    - 0
    - 994
    - 0

The second warning is

Warning: prerequisite SVK 2.0.0 not found. We have v2.0.1.

a) Can someone explain why I get this warning for SVK, but not for
SVN::Core, where I also have a higher version installed?

b) Is this something I should worry about in the debian package? I
can insist on exactly version 2.0.0 of svk, but it will cause people
problems, since they will not be able to upgrade svk without
deinstalling pushmi.

Thanks for any feedback,

David