[rt-announce] RT 2.0.11pre1 / How to recover from brokenness caused by 2.0.10

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 26 15:14:53 EST 2001

RT 2.0.11pre1 is now available.  The _only_ change from 2.0.10 is that it won't cause all unmerged
tickets to "disappear" from search listings after a merge.

If you got bitten by the bug in 2.0.10, I'm really quite sorry.
There are two ways to get your database back to where it should be:

1)  Restore your database from the last known-good nightly backups.
    (The night before you installed 2.0.10)

    Make a copy of your database update logs.

    Discard everything before you made the backup.

    Look through them for a long series of "Update Tickets SET EffectiveId....."
    statements.

    Remove those statements.

    Replay everything else at the database.

2)  WARNING: This is somewhat more dangerous, since it involves straight database munging
	You should make a backup of your RT database before proceeding and check it over
	CAREFULLY afterward.

    mysqldump rt2 > rt-premunging-backup

    Figure out what ticket is still showing up in ticket listings.  If you've merged
    multiple tickets since installing 2.0.10, repeat the "UPDATE" statement below
    for each of them.

    Make a note of its ticket id. You'll need it below, where I say "$ticket_id"

    mysql rt2

    UPDATE Tickets Set EffectiveId = id where EffectiveId = $ticket_id