[rt-announce] RT 2.0 Beta 1 released

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Fri Mar 23 09:55:46 EST 2001

It gives me great pleasure to announce RT 2.0 Beta 1.  This release marks
an important milestone in RT 2.0's development cycle.  All major functionality
expected for RT 2.0 has now been integrated into the codebase.  The database
schema is frozen.

Upgrades from Beta 1 to RT 2.0 and any intermediate releases are now
a 'supported' procedure. (Well, supported as much as the rest of the
package is ;)

Some highlights of Beta1:

        * Ports to Oracle 8 and Postgres 7

        * Significant work on the incoming mail gateway

        * Support for merging tickets

        * Simpler, cleaner installation

        * Lots of UI improvements

        * Lots of bug fixes

        * The beginnings of a manual

How to get it:

        Fire up your trusty ftp client and point it at:

        ftp://ftp.fsck.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-1-3-61.tar.gz

        tar xzvf rt-1-3-61.tar.gz

        cd rt-1-3-61

        more README

Reporting bugs:

        If you run into issues, please send bug reports to rt-2.0-bugs at fsck.com
        Try to include:  perl version, database type and version, OS and
        version, sendmail (or replacement) version, any stack trace generated
        and anything else you might find useful.

The future:

        I'm hard at work on RT 2.0 Beta 2  (You can see the todo list at:
        http://fsck.com/rt2/NoAuth/Buglist.html)

        After Beta 2, I'll role a release candidate for 2.0, which I'll let
        percolate for a few weeks.  If we don't find any showstoppers,
        that will become RT 2.0.0.

        Jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

...realized that the entire structure of the net could be changed to be made
more efficient, elegant, and spontaneously make more money for everyone
involved. It's a marvelously simple diagram, but this form doesn't have a way
for me to draw it.  It'll wait. 				-Adam Hirsch