[rt-announce] RT 2.0.9 - Chock full o' tickety goodness
jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 14 14:32:40 EST 2001
I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of RT 2.0.9. This
release hast lots and lots of new goodies and bug fixes:
* RT now depends on DBIx::SearchBuilder 0.47
* tools/insertdata: Fixed templates to include the ticket subject if
it was otherwise blank
* tools/cpan2rpm: Added cpan2rpm to the tools directory, for
autogenerating rpms of CPAN modules
* Makefile, rt.spec: Added support for autobuilding an rpm with
* Fixes to initacls.Pg to allow installation with Unix Domain sockets
* tools/initdb: initdb won't whine if you don't set a host
* Refactored images path to have a configurable URL, so it will work
with fastcgi ;)
* Lengthened queue name and email addresses in the default DB schema
* etc/: config.pm, schema.Pg, schema.mysql, schema.pm: Added some new
indices, based on recommendations from Nobel Tse at Outblaze
* Added support for unit testing
* Started to cleanup config.pm to not use deprecated methods when
displaying ticket columns.
* lib/RT/Ticket.pm: Fix for #791: duplicated requestors on merge.
* Fix for #934: creating users doesn't completely fail (new)
* etc/config.pm, lib/RT/Handle.pm: Added support for postgres'
* Abstracted out status enumeration and validation. Sites can now
modify the set of statuses available. Though that's 100% unsupported.
* Tickets which are created in a "resolved" state will now have their
"resolved" date set right.
* lib/RT/User.pm: Started work on "Email password to user"
* First bits of glue for new RT unit testing infrastructure
* lib/RT/Action/SendPasswordEmail.pm: Added an action to mail a
password to the user.
* Simple fixes to POD from Feargal Reilly to fix complaints from
* lib/RT/Watcher.pm: Added a patch from Simon Cozens which makes sure
that a requestor is always a user, rather than an email address.
* lib/RT/Keyword.pm: Added a helper Load function to load by Id or Path
* Template got new helper functions for loading queue and system
* Brought forward a security fix from 2.0.8_01.
(nonusers could get superuser permissions from the CLI)
* lib/RT/Ticket.pm: Fixed the "ticket status changes from
open to open" bug, thanks to raphael at linkvest.
* lib/RT/Tickets.pm: Refactored to provide better access to fields
that tickets can be sorted on.
* lib/RT/User.pm: a fix to allow you to create multiple users with no
* lib/RT/Tickets.pm: Added sub Due to Tickets.pm. fixes #910
* lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm: Added code to detect bogus ticket update
* bin/rt-mailgate: added support to rt-mailgate for putting the queue
name in a +extension
* lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm: fixed a user creation race condition in
the mail gateway
* bin/rt: Documentation cleanups. removing an unnecessary data
* bin/rtadmin: Online help fixes
* Cleaned up transaction history display to eat less space and be more
* lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm, webrt/Ticket/Display.html: work on
web-based ticket creation. fixed bugs setting due dates, etc
* webrt/Ticket/Create.html: Some cleanups to the Create form. No new
functionality, just a little bit prettier
* webrt/Elements/SelectTicketSortBy: Elements/SelectTicketsSortBy now
uses new list of sortable Tickets fields in Tickets.pm
* webrt/Search/Listing.html: Column headings in searches are now
clicky, where possible
* webrt/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction: URLs in ticket history should
now be clicky
* Added a hook for sites to put their own html in the top of the
"Home" page by overriding Elements/CustomHomepageHeader
* webrt/Ticket/Elements/EditLinks: added WebPath to fix some links in
* webrt/Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory: Added an optional bit of
configuration to not show the "History" header (under the hood)
* webrt/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction: Added a new option "Show
commands" to show tranasaction (under the hood)
* Webui: Added support for reenabling deleted queues and keywords
* webrt/Ticket/Update.html: Named the ticket update form.
* webrt/Admin/Elements/SelectRights: Updated ACL selecting UI to work
properly with browsers that try to auto-select a value in a SELECT
* webrt/Ticket/: Display.html, ModifyAll.html: Fix to not automatically
record comments if nothing was typed.
* Fixed a display bug in mytickets and myrequests which prevented
clicking on subjectless tickets
* webrt/Ticket/Update.html, lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm: Now show the
current ticket subject by default in the update subject box.
But don't include it in the transaction if it hasn't changed.
* Refactored SelectQueue to elimintate duplicate code and enable
a "too many queues" option (under the hood)
* Added support for timing page display with &Debug=1
http://www.bestpractical.com/products/rt -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.
More information about the Rt-announce