[Rt-announce] RT 3.4.2 now available
jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed May 4 14:11:42 EDT 2005
I'm pleased to announce RT 3.4.2, a new release in the RT 3.4 stable
release series. This version of RT is a bit delayed and as such features
more than the usual complement of improvements. The biggies are:
* standalone_httpd improvements
* Significant refactoring of custom fields to make them easier
* Mail sending improvements including fixes to a bug that
caused yahoo to eat mail from RT and new headers to enable message
* Significant bugfixes for searching based on custom field
A full changelog follows.
You can download this new release from:
* Updated Attachment import code to take database-specific lob encoding into account -- Tom Yu
* Overhauled README to be more correct, friendly and a bit cleaner
* Added a bit of documentation to RT_SiteConfig.pm -- Thanks to David Glasser
* Robert added new functionality to support autodetection of RT and Web users in ./configure
* Correct comments in config file. "RTLogoURL" is actually LogoURL. --Allison Randal
* Removed second FHS layout
* Bumped SearchBuilder dependency to new version
* Canonicalized => to , in the configuration file
They mean the same thing, but consistency is good.
* Bumped the Postgres dependency to 1.41 to get around the
broken 1.40 release
* Added "make depends" as an alias for "make fixdeps" for Autrijus
* Fixed typo in initialdata related to approval rejection
* Upgraded a private _LookupTypes method to a public CustomFieldUpdateTypes method to make it easier to add custom fields to other objects
* Added Wikitext custom field type
Custom Field API extension and cleanup to allow new objects to use custom fields. (No backwards-incompat changes)
* Refactored Custom Field admin UI for extensibility
* Newlines in CustomFields are now displayed in TicketList results
* Better support for loading custom fields by name
* Better transaction UpdateCustomFields API
* Adding support for selecting custom fields for RTFM objects
* Overhaul of custom field editing code to make it easier to add custom fields for new object types
* Fixes so that custom fields will pay attention to defaults, when the defaults are specified.
* Patch from Tom Yu to allow negative CF searching and better multi-CF search.
* A bunch of minor search query builder cleanup and loc improvements
* Slightly better introductory text on user and queue listings
* Checkbox fields need a "value" or they are ignored by some modern browsers
* Search "Order By" needed a more greedy matching operation; too many values were selected
* resorting the search by clicking on a header no longer resets the format string
* Added ALT text for BPS corporate logo -- Suggested by Jedi during YAPC.TW 2005
* Explicitly give the login box an id/name so passwords are not saved on user edit pages
* Removed an extra </td> tag. Thanks to Steve Turner
* Refactored the top-level admin menu to make it easier to add and remove options
* Hilighted menu options are now the right size
* Slight style cleanup to page actions.
* The attribute "align" in COLUMN_MAP wasn't usable, because it could not be
used for a complete column, so I added a /ALIGN:.. section in
CollectionAsTable/ParseFormat and use it in Row.
There also was a minor error to be corrected, since the old variant of
ParseFormat did not allow more than one /ANYTHING:... to be use (in my
example /TITLE:.../ALIGN:...) --Dirk Pape
* Better error message when the sessions table or sessions dir isn't writable
* CanonicalizeUserInfo didn't work right from RT's WebUI.
Fixed by Dave Rolsky.
* Minor stylistic cleanups for web components
* RT used to report an improper total number of pages if the number of
results found was evenly divisible by the number of rows per page
* Record Message-Id when creating attachment records
* Content-Transfer-Encoding should have been '8bit' not '8-bit'
* Enabled proper message threading with RT
* Fix support for uploading attachmends in selfservice. -- HC Chien
* Force UTF8 content type on replies from RT's REST interface (Thanks to Dirk Pape)
* Patch to SelfService UI to not display a preferences page unless the current user (ie all unprivileged users) has the right to do so.
* Hungarian translation had an incorrect Content-Type. Reported upstream from
* New French translation from robitail at iro.umontreal.ca
* Polish Translation from Piotr Sliwa
* New Russian translation from Andrew Kornilov
* Updated Danish translation from Jonas Nielsen
* Removed some spurious use lib lines from the test suite. Thanks to Dave Rolsky.
* Much better test coverage of delegation revocation when users' group memberships are changed - Mike Whitson (BPS)
* Split apart some of the web tests for better isolation
* Updated RT::User regression tests to not expect a pristine database
* Fixing tests to not depend on a deprecated API
* Added a new HasPassword method to the RT user object
* Users and groups can have transactions; ShowTicket isn't needed to see these
* Now when running scrips on a disabled queue, run global scrips as well as per-queue scrips.
* Sanity fixes for _AddLink's API from Todd Chapman
* When we can't load a user by email address, make sure we can't load that user by name before returning an error
* Users who had "DeleteTicket" but not "ModifyTicket" could not delete tickets.
* Added a flag to allow tools to use the RT API to search for deleted tickets. (Ruslan)
* Fixed incorrect loop exit test in RT::ACE::_Delete such that multiply delegated ACEs are all cleaned up when the parent ACE is revoked.
* Correct inaccurate POD for RT::Group::MembersObj and DeepMembersObj.
* 'LimitLinkedFrom' in RT::Tickets didn't work due to a typo. Fixed.
* RT::Transaction->Delete implemented. (for RTFM)
* Ticket Searches on AdminCc would fail on non-mysql databases due to a case error
* Quieted a deprecation warning -- Dmitry Sivachenko <mitya at cavia.pp.ru>
* User_Overlay: added OwnGroups method to get a collection of groups of which
the user is a member.
* Add a simple sub to return the object class with the RT::Lib:: prefix
stripped off. Useful for displaying, e.g., "Ticket #35" or "Article #3".
* added URI scheme which allows "t:123" URIs, for ticket specification.
* More graceful handling for historical $rtname tags -- From seph
* Updated RT::Transaction to return better Foo changed from "bar" to "baz" messages
* Updated RT::Ticket->_Set to return more appropriate status messages
* Updated RT::User->_Set to return more apropriate results messages (no more listing the actor)
* Bugfixes to CachedGroupMember->SetDisabled unmasked by the RT::Record fixes
* Explicit transaction description for changed passwords
* Improved generic messages returned by RT::Record->_Set()
* Corrected RT::Record->_Set to return a Class::ReturnValue, rather than butchering it into an array. (This means that RT::Ticket->SetPriority can now be evaluated in boolean or list context, like it was supposed to be)
* Fixed Module::Refresh handling for standalone_httpd
* standalone_httpd no longer chokes on utf8 data.
* Refactored standalone_httpd to use HTTP::Server::Simple::Mason
* Moved some configuration from webmux.pl to RT::Interface::Web::Handler
* Properly set binmode for the standalone_httpd server. This makes
UTF8 text that could be misinterpreted as Latin1 behave correctly.
More information about the RT-Announce