[Rt-announce] RT 4.0.0 Released

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 28 15:05:57 EDT 2011

Today we're releasing RT 4.0.0.  This release represents over a year
of hard work and more than 2000 commits.  With a new major version
number, we took this opportunity to tidy up some of the older bits of RT
and allow us to grow features through the RT 4 series.  We hope you'll
find it a worthy successor to RT 3.

Many, but not all, of our new features are the result of work done for
clients.  Enhanced full-text search, the integration of RTFM as
Articles, refreshed ticket create and update pages, better control of
ticket notifications, Lifecycles, and quote-folding of emails in ticket
display all began life as extensions we built for clients.

We've also heard your requests in the form of feature requests, bug
reports and patches and they've driven our new theme for RT 4, a new
logo and theme editor, new custom field types and display options, the
mobile UI and reorganized and revised documentation.  As a result of
your feedback, we also fixed hundreds of bugs and improved performance.

With so many changes by 16 authors over the course of a year, it would
be hard to summarize everything we added, fixed or improved.  Over the
next few weeks, we'll be posting a series of articles on what's new in
RT 4.0 to http://blog.bestpractical.com.  A list of new features in RT
4.0 is also available at http://bestpractical.com/rt/whats-new-in-4.html.

If you'd like to explore all of the changes we've made in the run up to
4.0.0, visit https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/

Download

http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.0.0.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.0.0.tar.gz.sig

SHA1 Sums

b2cf8d2ceb8bf97e5eeb08cb7d05760ca148df9f  rt-4.0.0.tar.gz
5a6b04bf9bb6437b74138bc6ad7eabae39d36e6d  rt-4.0.0.tar.gz.sig

We've done our best to ensure that upgrading from RT 3 to RT 4.0 will
be as smooth as possible for you.  If you have questions as you upgrade,
please don't hesitate to write to rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com for
community support.  If you'd rather have professional support from the
folks who built RT, drop us a line at sales at bestpractical.com.

We've talked our sales team into including free basic upgrades from RT 3
to RT 4 if you sign up for a new RT 4 support contract within the next
two months.  The new RT 4 support contracts are less expensive and come
with lots of great new features. http://bestpractical.com/services/support.html