[Rt-announce] RT 4.0.2 Released

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 17 13:00:24 EDT 2011

I'm happy to announce that RT 4.0.2 is now available.

http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.0.2.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.0.2.tar.gz.sig

SHA1 sums

224892197ea64598ab9d5ee7dab90fa5723ddc05  rt-4.0.2.tar.gz
e64614c2092c9ec0968b307417c937ee0d01624c  rt-4.0.2.tar.gz.sig

Continuing with our goal of faster release cycles and smaller changes
between releases in a stable series, this release primarily contains
fixes for a number of minor bugs.  It also includes documentation
updates and removal of an inefficient javascript minification option.
Notable changes include:

* Ability to reference global CFs by Name in RT::Action::CreateTickets

* Installation of the docs/ directory into /opt/rt4/docs

* Removal of the incomplete --binary flag option for the full-text
  search indexer

* Fixes for a regression that caused group dashboards to vanish after
  creation and not appear in the list of dashboards

* Rewritten forward functionality to generate mail that better
  represents the original messages received by RT

* Removal of the pure Perl Javascript::Minifier module which slowed down
  the first request to new webserver children.  jsmin or another
  external minifier is now required to minify RT's javascript.  Refer to
  the section about $JSMinPath in `perldoc /opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm`
  for how to configure jsmin.

A complete changelog is available from git by running `git log
rt-4.0.1..rt-4.0.2` on the stable (4.0-trunk) branch.

Thomas