[Rt-announce] RT 4.0.1 Released

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 22 16:45:53 EDT 2011

I'm happy to announce that RT 4.0.1 is now available.

http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.0.1.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.0.1.tar.gz.sig

SHA1 sums

d53bef5fbf9d4ed4536e626eed0b79a502d643a9  rt-4.0.1.tar.gz
130bc0eeb49a951bd34ab4451980875fbfb21808  rt-4.0.1.tar.gz.sig

This release is a bugfix release.  It contains a number of notable fixes
identified since the 4.0.0 release:

* Fixes for MySQL+Sphinx and native PostgreSQL full text search, and
  improved documentation.

* Javascript to forbid running RT in a frame, to prevent clickjacking
  attacks.

* Better detection and hinting of common web path misconfigurations.

* Minified javascript with an external jsmin now works in fastcgi and
  mod_perl deployments.  This requires that mod_perl deployments switch
  to 'SetHandler modperl'; see docs/web_deployment.pod .

* Javascript fixes for IE8 in the admin UI.

* Multiple warning fixes during the upgrade process.

* Removed previously missed rights related to right delegation.

You will also find a new tarball, rt-4.0.1-third-party-source.tar.gz
This contains the uncompiled source of any code that we ship (such as
the minified source of jQuery).

 - Alex