[rt-announce] Register for RT Training in NYC, October 8th and 9th

Kevin Falcone training at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 17 12:23:33 EDT 2013

Our third training for 2013 will be held in New York, NY on October 8th
and 9th. As we like to keep class sizes relatively intimate, register
soon or we may not be able to guarantee you a seat. If you can't make it
to this training session, feel free to drop us a line to suggest
locations for the future.

This training will introduce you to the new features in RT 4.2 as part
of a comprehensive overview of RT. Whether you're an old hand at RT or a
recent convert, you'll have a good understanding of all of RT's features
and functionality by the end of the session.

The first day starts off with a tour of RT's web interface and continues
with a detailed exploration and explanation of RT's functionality, aimed
at non-programmer RT administrators. We'll walk through setting up a
common helpdesk configuration, from rights management, constructing
workflows and notifications, and the basics of Lifecycles.

The second day of training picks up with server-side RT administration
and dives into what you need to safely customize and extend RT. We'll
cover upgrading and deploying RT, database tuning, advanced Lifecycle
configurations, writing tools with RT's API, building an extension, and
demonstrate how to extensibly alter the web UI and internal functions.

It goes without saying that you'll get the most out of training if you
attend both days of the course, but we've designed the material so that
you can step out after the first day with a dramatically improved
understanding of how to use RT or show up on the second day and get
quickly up to speed on how to make RT do your bidding.

Each class includes training materials, a continental breakfast, and an
afternoon snack (lunch is not provided).

If you'd like to pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover, please visit
Best Practical's online store at
https://shop.bestpractical.com/#Training. Unfortunately we are unable to
accept American Express or PayPal. If you'd prefer to pay with a
purchase order, please email us at training at bestpractical.com. Be sure
to include:

* If you want to attend both days or a single day
* Full names and email addresses of attendees

Please also contact us at training at bestpractical.com for discounted
pricing if you are from an academic institution or if you'd like to send
more than 3 people.

As always, feel free to drop us a line if you have any other questions.
Have a great day!

The Team at BPS