[rt-announce] RTIR 3.0.2 Released
falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue May 13 16:48:35 EDT 2014
RTIR 3.0.2 contains a number of bug fixes and performance
enhancements since 3.0.1 as well as a few constituency regressions
dating back into 2.6. If you used add_constituency on 2.6 or 3.0 to set
up your constituencies, you will want to review UPGRADING-3.0 to ensure
your custom field permissions are correct.
When installing or upgrading to RTIR 3.0.2, you should consider also
using RT 4.0.20 which contains a number of bugfixes and enables RTIR to
make use of an additional performance enhancement cache.
* Cache Constituency metaqueues to avoid performance penalty on every
HasRight check. This is particularly evident in the REST or other
large ticket list outputs.
* When RTIR 3.0 moved to using the standard RT Quick Search portlets, it
did not update filter callbacks appropriately, so Constituency
metaqueues were visible in both the RT and RTIR homepages. They are
now filtered and filtered at the database level.
* RTIR 2.6 and 3.0 shipped an add_constituency script that did not
properly grant rights on core RTIR custom fields during constituency
configuration. It grants rights slightly broader than the 2.4
version, but this is probably more correct, and easily corrected in
the admin UI.
* Recognize that TLDs can be longer than 3 characters when looking for
* Clean up a log warning generated when replying to Incidents.
* When using RT 4.0.20 or newer, the Search box in the upper righthand
corner will properly indicate that you are searching Incidents, not all
* When using RT 4.0.20 or newer, RTIR can cache the results of generating
MakeClicky links on tickets for 6 hours. Because of the number of
types of links that RTIR generates, and the likelihood that there are
many IP addresses or URLs which are linkified, this can be a large
performance gain on long or frequently loaded tickets.
A complete changelog is available from git by running:
git log 3.0.1..3.0.2
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 235 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the rt-announce