[rt-announce] We're thrilled to announce training for RT 4.4 in Chicago!

Talena Gandy training at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 14 11:07:34 EDT 2015

Hello!

We’ve been hard at work on the next new major release of RT and it’s almost here! The first release candidate for RT 4.4 will be available in early November!

To celebrate the new release of RT, we’ll be holding our next RT training in Chicago, IL on December 14-15, 2015.

This training will introduce you to the new features in RT 4.4 as part of a comprehensive overview of RT. Whether you're an old hand at RT or a recent convert, you'll have a good understanding of all of RT's features and functionality by the end of the session.

We also can’t wait to tell you about what we’ve added for you in RT 4.4, including Assets, for tracking physical and digital resources. We’ll show you how to set up service-level agreements (SLA) which take your business hours and holidays into account. There’s a new builtin timer for tracking time worked on tickets. You can upload multiple files at once with a quick drag-and-drop, as well as reuse existing attachments on replies.

We’ll also show how RT 4.4 improves things behind the scenes for you. You can have your users authenticate against external services (LDAP). RT can now seamlessly store attachments outside of its database, putting them on the filesystem, uploading to Amazon S3, or in Dropbox. You can even serve them directly out of S3. You can create custom role groups and assign them to queues and tickets. These custom roles can have their own permissions and notifications and so are foundational for improving your automation. There are some major performance enhancements like gradual ticket history loading that will improve your team’s experience every day.

Agenda:

The first day of training starts off with a tour of RT's web interface and continues with a detailed exploration and explanation of RT's functionality, aimed at non-programmer RT administrators. We'll walk through setting up a common helpdesk configuration, from rights management, constructing workflows and notifications, and the basics of Lifecycles.

The second day of training picks up with server-side RT administration and dives into what you need to safely customize and extend RT. We'll cover upgrading and deploying RT, database tuning, advanced Lifecycle configurations, writing tools with RT's API, building an extension, and demonstrate how to extensibly alter the web UI and internal
functions.

It goes without saying that you'll get the most out of training if you attend both days of the course, but we've designed the material so that you can step out after the first day with a dramatically improved understanding of how to use RT.

Attending:

We do have a limit on how many people we can effectively teach, so please register as soon as you can to make sure you get a seat. If you can't make Chicago, please feel free to suggest a future location by dropping us a line at training at bestpractical.com!

For both days, the cost is USD $1,495. A single day is USD $995. Each class includes training materials, a continental breakfast, and snacks (lunch is not provided).

If you'd like to pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover, please visit Best Practical's online store. Unfortunately we are unable to accept American Express or PayPal. If you'd prefer to pay with a purchase order, please email us at training at bestpractical.com. Be sure to include: if you want to attend both days or a single day and the full names and email addresses of attendees.

Finally, please contact us at training at bestpractical.com for discounted pricing if you are from an academic institution or if you'd like to send more than 3 people.

Thanks!
The Best Practical Team