[rt-devel] Re: SetEnvelopeTo

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Apr 6 13:51:58 EDT 2000

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 07:46:54PM +0200, Tobias Brox wrote:
> > the Envelope To and the Header recipients.  SetEnvelopeTo is a "trick"
> > header that will be removed by RT:::Action::SendEmail before sending
> > and, If present, used to determine the _actual_ envelope recopeints.
> > If it's not present, the regular to:, cc: and bcc: headers.
>
> I think I understood this after a while.  See my comments in the most
> recent version of SendEmail.pm :)

+ -Quoting tobix from the recent SendEmail.pm
+ override
+ either the SetRecipients method or the SetTo, SetCc, etc methods.
+

Why are you introducing the SetRecipients? SetTo setCc and SetBcc
work as well and are more flexible

+ Envelope-To is not mentionated in RFC822, and might not work with all
+ mailers.  Actually TobiX is not sure it will work with any mailer at
+ all.

right. because this is all to be handled transparently inside SendEmail.pm
Every MTA I've ever used has allowed the specifcation of the Envelope To
when invoking it. sendmail takes them on the commandline. Mail::Internet->smtpsend takes them as an argument.

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91