[rt-devel] [fwd] Re: Web plans (from: jesse@fsck.com)

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Mon Apr 10 14:05:19 EDT 2000

----- Forwarded message from Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> -----

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:43:36 -0400
From: Jesse <jesse at fsck.com>
To: Tobias Brox <tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com>
Subject: Re: Web plans

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 07:39:23PM +0200, Tobias Brox wrote:
> So ... a web user would typically start with some login stuff that isn't
> done yet, continue with either the buildquery page or a bookmark/startpage
> or something pointing to a pre-made query.  Then comes the listing.  Both
> the search and the listing needs some work, but it can be demonstrated.
>
> The ticket is selected, and the user ends up in Ticket/Display.html...this
> page clearly needs a lot of work (I hope I can manage to get back to work
> after dinner), so I can see more on it.  What are your plans ... should it
> be more or less like the display we use here today, with possibility for
> changing the attributes at top,

Actually, probably with static attributes and a link to "Modify this ticket" "Update this ticket" , etc.  Note that Modify and Update are different.
Update is an enhanced comment/respond that will become the "default" way
to do things like resolve, set status, etc. the basic idea is that people should
be encouraged to write notes on every update.

> and then links to Update (with the
> transaction message quoted) at each transaction?

Sounds about right.

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91
. . . when not in doubt, get in doubt.  -- Old Discordian Proveb

----- End forwarded message -----

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91