[rt-devel] Mysql access errors

Brad Jannenga Brad at ibaby.com
Sat Apr 29 15:07:30 EDT 2000

Hello.

I made some changes to the Makefile and ran a "make upgrade" which works
fine, but when I run a make install I get this error message:

/usr/bin/mysqladmin -h localhost -u rt -ppassword create rt
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: create of 'rt' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'rt at localhost' to database 'rt''
make: [database] Error 1 (ignored)
/usr/bin/mysql -h localhost -u rt -ppassword rt < etc/schema
ERROR 1044 at line 8: Access denied for user: 'rt at localhost' to database
'rt'
make: *** [database] Error 1

I looked in the db and "rt" exists with the right tables (couldn't find out
how to check users/permissions).

It's obviously a permission issue with the db.  Has anyone run into this or
can someone point me in the right direction.

tia

Brad