[rt-devel] 1.3.27 DB Problems

Thomas Bendler ml at bendler-net.de
Tue Dec 19 06:09:16 EST 2000

Moin,

On Mon, 18 Dez 2000, Jesse sent incredible lines:
> My first guess is that you've got the wrong mysql administrator password.
[...]

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 08:48:07PM +0100, Thomas Bendler wrote:
[...]
> > Dropping mysql database rt2.
> > Use of uninitialized value in warn at tools/initdb line 52, <STDIN>
> > line 2.
> > Warning: something's wrong at tools/initdb line 52, <STDIN> line 2.
> >
> > Creating mysql database rt2.
> > Use of uninitialized value in die at tools/initdb line 56, <STDIN>
> > line 2.
> > Died at tools/initdb line 56, <STDIN> line 2.
> > make: *** [database] Fehler 2
[...]

first I thought of a simialar problem but I've tried again, the
password is correct. I've now watched the mysqld.log file to see
what happend. The problem is, there is no connect to the mysql
server. But all modules for perl are installed correctly. If I try
mysql -u root -p -h localhost mysql everything works fine. So any
other tip what could going wrong?

... may the Tux be with you! =Thomas=
Thomas Bendler           \\://                      ml at bendler-net.de
Billwiese 22             (o -)             http://www.bendler-net.de/
21033 Hamburg      ---ooO-(_)-Ooo---          tel.: 0 177 - 277 37 61
Germany                                    Linux, enjoy the ride ...!