[rt-devel] Oracle backend

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Tue Jun 13 14:50:55 EDT 2000

> 	have just recently subscribed, gone through the archives
> 	and I am wondering what the status on the Oracle port is?

For RT1 or RT2?

There exists some patches somewhere to use DBI in RT1 (you might
eventually check out the FunRT branch from the CVS, it's a feature-rich
RT1, and it uses DBI ... though I can't guarantee it will work any other
places than here)

For RT2, it should be trivial to port.  Check out the current (branch
rt-1-1 in the CVS), and see if you can get it working.  Ideally, the
porting itself (just copy the schema, edit it if needed, and check whether
it works or not) should wait until we're 100% sure the schema is OK and
until the admin tools are ready.

--
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are
 cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."