[rt-devel] possible new feature?

Jae jgangemi at pwebtech.com
Fri Mar 3 11:13:11 EST 2000

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Tobias Brox wrote:

> It should be pretty easy to add this functionality to RT 2.0.  We have a
> generalized system which makes it possible to plug in almost arbritrary
> code to be executed when a transaction is executed.  For the
> abovementionated feature, it would be better to simply include
> "the original message" in the templates.  We're currently using
> Text::Template for the template parsing, so it's possible to add perl code
> in the templates.

  is Text::Template a new edition? i've been using that for a while in
most of my web work and find that it's really a great module to have.

  in terms of just making it drop in code, would it be better left as
an external script that ppl can add in if they wish, or as a
"check-box" option when setting up a queue?

-Jae

  **
    "I'm very drunk and I intend on getting drunker before it's over."
				    -Clark Gable, Gone with the Wind