[rt-devel] Bugs

Brandon S. Allbery allbery+ at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Mar 4 15:51:34 EST 2000

> ifdef DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS
> DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS_STRING = -p$(DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS)
> else
> DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS_STRING =
> endif
>
> Is changed to:
>
> #ifdef DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS

Which is a no-op, and works only by chance.  The real problem is that
it assumes GNU make (then again, Sun's make has enough pathological
behavior that you should install GNU make anyway).

> 2.) Your script (after installation) gives a large number of Internal
> Server errors with the message: Premature end of script headers

Check the web server's error log and you'll probably find that you are
missing one or more Perl modules.  Or you have the wrong version of
CGI.pm (symptom being an error with CGI::Vars).

> Also, mailing the script no longer seems to work.  I get a 'User Unknown'
> email back, with the information:

> "|/home/rt/test2/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond"
>     (expanded from: <rt at sirius.s-s.org.uk>)

> Could not send mail :(

Nice useful error message your mail server has.  Yet another bizarro MTA?

Likely problems:
(1) the rt wrapper isn't setuid;
(2) the mailer is paranoid and won't run arbitrary binaries
(i.e. sendmail with smrsh);
(3) rt-mailgate failed with some other error, likely related to
missing
Perl modules.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery at kf8nh.apk.net