[rt-devel] RE: [rt-users] Some features I'd like to see

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Sat Mar 18 20:10:04 EST 2000

> I like the grouping functionality. It allows a meta ticket to be
> created while still maintaining the individuality of the sub
> tickets.

Yep.  It's important.

> In the modified req, if the request had portions of work that could be
> done in parallel, or that were handled by different people, the ticket
> was split (sort of the opposite of merge) into multiple
> parts. E.G. the ticket says: "bring system foo on line". A sub ticket
> would be "Put network card in foo an test" which would be assigned to
> our pc hardware guy.

It seems to me that the difference between our dependencies and such a
worktask hierarchy isn't that big anyway.  Well, in a 'pure' worktask
hierarchy, you want the upper task to automaticly be resolved when all
subtasks are resolved.  The behaviour with our dependencies are that the
dependent ticket (if it was stalled) gets opened each time a subrequest
gets resolved (because that means the owner of the dependent task have
to do something). Other times it makes sense that the dependent
ticket gets opened only when all all subrequests are resolved.

..again, I think the best is to have a general 'Link' action, and let all
kind of different hierarchies be taken care of either by options or
subclassing.

Ack, I'll come back to the rest of your mail.  It's too much for the
moment. :)

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms at tobiasb.funcom.com.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at