[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] External Authentication and Users

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Thu May 4 04:21:17 EDT 2000

> I've always felt that the phone, location etc fields belonged in LDAP (or
> some other directory service) and not in RT itself.

*nod*.  The only information RT needs is a textual identificator
(login/nick), real name and the email - and I think it should fetch it
from an external source, and I think authentification should be done
externally.  Anyway, I'd say we keep the current design until after 2.0.

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX