[rt-devel] Progress report

Blue Lang blue at calico.gator.net
Tue May 23 16:28:40 EDT 2000

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Jesse wrote:

> FWIW, the 1.1 tree became the 1.3 tree. So, 1.3.x is the current development
> branch.  What sorts of things are you adding to 1.0 for work?

i'm trying to replace a servlet-based 'todo' portal kinda thingy, as well
as general ticketing (which is right now a nightmare), with rt. i was
porting 1.0 to cgi.pm, and reworking the front end - basically just making
the login screen more portalish, with shared to-do's and that type of
stuff.

i was also working on integrating a generic calendar and mucking around
with mime-type stuff in the mailer, to facilitate file sharing and parsing
cruft from pine..  (which i see you've been nice enough to illustrate in
your screen dump. :P)

it took me a looooong time to figure out how 1.0 works. :P the new code
structure looks much nicer.

i've been following the mailing list, but not the code, so i'm not really
up to commenting on it in depth at this point.. basically, i have to sell
my director on tossing the three weeks of time i put into 1.0 in favor of
moving up to 2.0. :P not a big deal, since no one is really using it yet.

thanks,

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604