[rt-devel] Problem building DB...

ChrHenz at gmx.de ChrHenz at gmx.de
Tue Nov 14 12:21:42 EST 2000

Hi.

Starting with 1-3-20 (and also fresh CVS-checkouts), I get the
following error Message when trying to 'make install'...

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'Name' is used with UNIQUE or INDEX
but is not defined as NOT NULL at tools/initdb line 65, <STDIN> chunk 2.

Originally I tried 'make upgrade' and it worked, but I could not access
tickets, so I thought there might have been changes in the db-layout.

I think, this time I have all the modules up to date (at least testdeps.pl
does not complain).

I also messed around with schema.pl and deleted the NULLs the error
message complained about. I then got this error message:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Specified key was too long. Max key length
is 256 at tools/initdb line 65, <STDIN> chunk 2.

Any advice ?

Thanx,
Christian.