[rt-devel] [rt-announce] RT2 beta 2 (1.3.70) released

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Apr 5 00:26:14 EDT 2001

I'm proud to announce the release of RT 1.3.70.  This release
corresponds to the 'Beta 2' Milestone for RT2.

In the past several weeks, we've made significant advances in
mail handling, cleaned up a lot of UI nits in the web ui,
fixed a security hole or three, added support for HTML::Mason 1.01,
added much greater mail gateway flexibility and just generally gotten
things a lot happier.

If you're upgrading from a release before 1.3.69, you'll need to read
the instructions at
        http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-April/001065.html

For those of you who don't know, I'll be backpacking around japan for
the next four weeks. I expect to be online at least once a week, but,
well don't expect Beta 3 before the middle of May.
If you have questions about what will be going on while I'm away,
you should read through

        http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-April/001066.html
   and  http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-March/001011.html

short version: try to work through issues with folks on rt-devel.  If
you've got a reproducable bug (or even better: a patch), send it to
rt-2.0-bugs at fsck.com.

If there are really terrifying bugs in Beta 2, 1.3.71 will be rolled
either on the evening of april 5 or sometime around april 13.

        Have a great April,

        Jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

I have images of Marc in well worn combat fatigues, covered in mud,
sweat and blood, knife in one hand and PSION int he other, being
restrained by several other people, screaming "Let me at it!
Just let me at it!"  Eichin standing calmly by with something
automated, milspec, and likely recoilless.
				-xiphmont on opensource peer review