[rt-devel] SNMP

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Wed Aug 15 09:42:42 EDT 2001

>>>>> "j" == jesse  <jesse at fsck.com> writes:

j> Wow. That's the first time anyone's ever asked for that.  It's not something
j> that's anywhere on the todo list, though if you're interested in writing the
j> code, I'd be happy to take an snmp mib and server into contrib.  If you're
j> interested in having me build it, we should talk off-list.

It should be a pretty easy thing to build.  Assuming you were to tie
it into ucb-snmpd (aka net-snmpd), all you really need is a script
that runs the SQL query to do various counts and print that number to
stdout.  Then in the snmpd.conf, just add an "exec" MIB that runs your
sql query program.