[rt-devel] You should really get the HTML out the code....

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Sat Feb 10 15:30:15 EST 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 04:18:17PM -0800, Keith Kwiatek wrote:
> Thank you for your product.
>
> A+ for Effort, but You should really get the HTML out the code.... put the HTML in templates like you did with the mail templates.

Keith. I suspect you were looking at the 1.0 version of RT which, at it's core
is about 6 years old at this point.

The webui for RT 2.0, which we're hard at work on right now, is based around
the HTML::Mason templating engine and should allow much easier customization.

> Also, you should really keep track of which "admin user" is displaying  which "request", and notify any other admin users that "such and such admin' is currently accessing the request record. (timestamp upon select, release timestamp when admin moves on to another transaction.)

In my travels, I've not really run into situations where this would have
been useful.  Can you give me some examples of how this feature can help
a team get stuff done?

        Thanks,

         Jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

I think co-ordinating 1000 prima donnas living all over the world will be as
easy as herding cats..." -- Andy Tanenbaum on the linux development model, 1992