[rt-devel] You should really get the HTML out the code....

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 10 15:57:07 EST 2001

On Saturday, February 10, 2001 15:36:58 -0500, "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
<allbery at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
+-----
| | Also, you should really keep track of which "admin user" is displaying
| | which "request", and notify any other admin users that "such and such
| | admin' is currently accessing the request record. (timestamp upon
| | select, release timestamp when admin moves on to another transaction.)
|
| I've run into that one myself, but I don't see any good way to deal ---
| timestamps aren't sufficient, true persistent database locks are needed.
| RT2 may make this possible, it's a lost cause with RT1.
+--->8

Expanding on this for Jesse's benefit:  we usually have several admins
monitoring the queue.  The problem is that multiple admins can decide to
take an action on a new request; this can be frustrating if the admins
didn't decide on the same action.

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]