[rt-devel] You should really get the HTML out the code....

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Sat Feb 10 16:04:54 EST 2001

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 03:57:07PM -0500, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> Expanding on this for Jesse's benefit:  we usually have several admins
> monitoring the queue.  The problem is that multiple admins can decide to
> take an action on a new request; this can be frustrating if the admins
> didn't decide on the same action.

Ah. everywhere I've been, we've dealt with that at the policy layer.
The policy was: "Don't touch a ticket unless you're the owner or
have gotten approval from the owner."

The first thing a tech would do when touching a ticket was to click
'take'.  Either the take would succeed and the tech would be the ticket's
owner OR the take would fail because someone had already taken the ticket.

        -j

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

Emacs is a pretty good operating system, but Unix has a better editor.