[rt-devel] Sick hack

feargal at helgrim.com feargal at helgrim.com
Sun Jul 15 18:12:48 EDT 2001

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:24:15 -0400
Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> wrote:

> > It being a report, design is actually pretty important - i.e. readability.
> > Remember, it's mostly management types who read these things, who often like to print such things out, just to waste paper.
>

> Well yes. What I meant was that it was a proof of concept, using the most
> easily available methods, rather than spending lots of time getting
> it tweaked. I just want to make sure I can get the releavint info out of the
> database ;) ...And since I don't have convenient precanned dates
> or short listing formats....I just went with quick placeholders
I consider the concept pretty well proven - just trying to help you towards confirmation of concept

> FWIW, you might be interested in the older version that was a bit too
> long winded for the current thing I'm working on:
>
> http://fsck.com/rt2/NoAuth/Yesterday.html

Ick! The biggest prob with that one is that you can't determine what sort of information is being given until you've read it, if you know what I mean. And it doesn't have the funky rollovers... (o:}

-Feargal.

--
Feargal Reilly.