[rt-devel] Take vs Steal

Matthew D. Stock stock at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sun Jul 22 22:00:19 EDT 2001

Is there a reason why Stealing a ticket explicitly is required in all
cases?  I'd like Take to have the semantics of Steal when someone owns the
ticket instead of emitting an error.  Is this something that is
configurable?

I have a large set of students who do helpdesk stuff for us, and I'd like
to be able to easily reassign open tickets to a different student when
someone graduates or quits.  The bulk update tool allows to change the
owner, but all of those transactions are rejected because I don't own the
tickets.

My "solution" to the problem was to edit config.pm to add a "Steal" column
to the search summary and iterating down the list by hand.  I'm open to
other options.  :-)
Thanks,
  -Matt