[rt-devel] Enhancing mailgate to support commands by mail

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Tue Jul 24 12:32:58 EDT 2001

Hi,
We have installed RT and we are planning to use it in prod soon. Sending
commands by mail would be a BIG plus.
We have evaluated enh-mailgate which seems broken and unmaintained.

Our proposal is:
If we develop them, would you integrate in normal-mailgate the following
modifications:
- adding a command-line to enable sending commands in the mail (disabled
by default)
- modifying mailgate to grab the user: 	- first step, from the sender
(not safe, but working)
							- second step,
by using PGP authentication
- adding command parsing in mailgate (from enh-mailgate)
- adding command treatment in mailgate (from enh-mailgate)

All this would be disabled by default, to let mailgate be on the safe
side.
We will accept the little risk presented by someone sending mail on the
behalf of someone else. We really would LOVE this functionality.

Thanks for any comment.
-jec

Jean-Eric Cuendet
Linkvest SA
Av des Baumettes 19, 1020 Renens Switzerland
Tel +41 21 632 9043  Fax +41 21 632 9090
http://www.linkvest.com  E-mail: jean-eric.cuendet at linkvest.com