[rt-devel] Enhancing mailgate to support commands by mail

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Jul 24 12:53:37 EDT 2001

        It's not that enhanced-mailgateway is unmaintained, but that it's not
something I currently have the resources to maintain as a free service to the
public.  While I always appreciate contributed bugfixes and improvements to
the enhanced mailgateway (or any of RT's code,) I'm not really sure what new
functionality you're offering.  I based enhanced-mailgate on a very recent
version of rt-mailgate and the code for the latter hasn't changed
substantially since then.  For this reason, "Porting" from enhanced-mailgate
to rt-mailgate is not really a useful service to the community.  It is
my intent to integrate the functionality of enhanced-mailgate into
the core rt-mailgate somewhere down the line, when I have the resources
and the command mode has been better tested and better worked out.

        If you're interested in having me do the development to make
enhanced-mailgate what you want it to be, or if you're interested in
purchasing support for it, email me privately and we can work something out.)

        -jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

As I sit here alone looking at green text on a laptop in a mostly bare room listening
to loud music wearing all black, I realize that that it is much less cool in real life :)
			--Richard Tibbetts