[rt-devel] RT 2.0.4 and Dates

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Fri Jul 27 03:38:09 EDT 2001

Indeed it does fix it, dates display perfectly, apparently in my localtime too.

I have noticed some peculiarities when setting the dates though.

I'm not nesseccarily complaining, I just got enthusiastic testing it.

First off, the results gives the time in GMT, not localtime.

All the following are attempts at setting a date to 30th July 2001
My local time is GMT+1, my PGDATESTYLE is postgres, European

In summary, the following formats are okay:
30/Jul/2001
07/30/2001
30-Jul-2001
07-30-2001
Jul 30 2001
Jul 30 2001
30 Jul
Jul 30
2002 - Will set to today's date in the year 2002

Also, you can set the time with hh:mm or hh:mm:ss either before or after any of the above. Using just the time will set it to that time today.

Here's everything I tested. If somebody is bored, and want's to check if on their install, especially mysql and oracle, I'm sure it'd be of use to Jesse.

30/Jul/2001 - Correct
30/07/2001 - Date gets set to epoch - Doesn't recognize that I'm european

Jul/30/2001 - Date set to epoch - Funny that it gets this one wrong
07/30/2001 - Correct - American format.

Seems like if you specify the month *number*, it assumes american formatting,
if you specify the month *name*, it assumes european formattinh

Using "-" instead of "/" has the same effects
Once you drop the / or - things get weirder.

Jul 30 2001 - Correct
07 30 2001 - Date set to 26th July 2007 03:59:00 GMT

30 Jul 2001 - Correct
30 07 2001 - Date set to 26th July 2007 03:59:00 GMT

So it gets it right either way, when using the month name with no delimiters

2001 Jul 30 - Date set to epoch
2001 07 30 - Date set to 25th Jul 2001 18:00:00 GMT

So never put the year first.

20010730 - Date set to epoch

Mon/mon/monday/Monday - Jul 26 2001 23:00:00 GMT

Specifying the day only sets it to today.

jul/Jul/July - epoch

30 jul - correct
30 07 - Jul 26 2030 17:00:00 GMT

jul 30 - correct
07 30 - Jul 25 2007 18:00:00 GMT

Again, it get's it right when using the month name

2002 - Jul 26 2002 23:00:00 GMT
30 - Jul 26 2030 23:00:00 GMT
07 - Jul 26 2007 23:00:00 GMT

So specifying just the year works, if you use two or four digits.
Use one digit though, and you end up having that number of hours subtracted from the start of today:
1 2001-07-26 23:00:00 GMT
2 2001-07-26 23:00:00 GMT
3 2001-07-26 23:00:00 GMT

Using three digits, and a similar thing happens, with the last two digits being subtracted as minuts:
001 2001-07-26 23:59:00 GMT
110 2001-07-26 22:50:00 GMT
190 2001-07-26 21:30:00 GMT

So Julian dates are out.

0 just sets it to the epoch though, as 0000.
70-99 are assumed to be 19xx and 01-37 are taken to be 20xx
00 is set to the epoch though, not 2000

Anyway... back to real work :)

-Feargal.

--