[rt-devel] issues with RT 1.3.88

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Jun 5 11:13:09 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:48:46PM +0200, Arthur de Jong wrote:
> The work on RT2 seems to go at an increasing rate. I can seen improvements
> with each release. Very good work.

Thanks.

> There are however a few issues remaining for our purposes:
>
> The search interface gives access to a full list of users through the Owner is
> ... searchfield.

I'll take a look but suspect that this won't change for 2.0, due to
the performance penalty

> The owner list in the search page doesn't have a '-' item anymore so on each
> submit "Owner = Nobody" is added to the query.

Um. are you sure you're doing a clean install? It has one on all of my
test boxen

> It is not clear to me how the seach criteria work. How are the search
> criteria combined in the results (AND/OR/something else)?

The various things you can search on get ANDed together.
Within a given field, 'one-of-many' values, such as lists and dates
get anded togehter and the fuzzier matches like ticket content, subject and
requestor get ORed together.

The search interface is far from ideal, but it's better enough than RT1.0
that it's settled for now. One of the things I'm looking at for 2.2 is
redoing ticket searching from the ground up.

> The configuration interface is available to all the users (big improvements
> to shown limited information though). Is it possible to add a
> "ShowConfiguration" ACL so not all users are shown configuration
> informtation. (this may require copying some settings from Modify User to
> Preferences)?

Not for 2.0.  I'll look at this for a future release

> When adding new watchers (Modify people page) the search returns users that
> do not have the Watch of WatchAsAdminCc right.

Correct.  Those rights are for users to be able to make themselves Ccs and
administrative Ccs.  Users who can ModifyQueueWatchers can
add anyone they want as a Cc or Administritive Cc.

> In the Comment/Reply/Resolve form the change owner list shows users that
> should not be made owner.

I'll take a look

> I added:
> to Logout.html so a Login screen is produced, which is nicer (maybe even add
> some real layout?).

Just added this to my codebase

> There is also a Login.html in NoAuth that does not seem to
> do anything usefull.

I suspect that's there because you installed over an old development snapshot.
It's not in the current tarballs.