[rt-devel] Can't connect to local MySQL

sergio sergio at nctimes.net
Thu Mar 15 21:53:14 EST 2001

Hello,

    This question probably does not belong on this list since I do not think it is an RT problem but here goes. I am have just installed the latest CVS version of RT2 and the installation appeared to go smoothly. After setting up my virtual host in httpd.conf I pull up my web browser and am unable to connect to my web server at all (not even for my other pages).
A quick look at my error log shows this:

DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=localhost) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 118
[Fri Mar 16 13:36:30 2001] [error] Connect Failed Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at /opt/rt2/lib/RT.pm line 14

I double checked my etc/config.pm to make sure my $DatabaseUser and $DatabasePassword are correct and i am able to connect to mysql locally using this info.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sergio