[rt-devel] RT 1.3.59 - Eve-before-beta

Kevin Croombs kevin_croombs at tao-group.com
Wed Mar 21 11:19:38 EST 2001

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 02:54:03AM -0500, Jesse wrote:
> As of about 3 minutes ago, RT 1.3.59 hit ftp.fsck.com.  This release
> cleans up the last remaining things on my todo for 'Beta 1'.
>
> I'd very much like some folks to try hammering on 1.3.59 over the next few
> days.  When you find bugs, report them to rt-2.0-bugs at fsck.com.
>
> I'd like to release Beta 1 _this week_.  No additional functionality is
> targetted at this release, though we have a couple of days to clean
> up things that are busted.
>
> One bug to a mail message.
>
> Try to prefix each bug report with one of the following tags:
> (they should be pretty obvious. if you don't know how to tag
> a bug, don't worry about it)
>
>         showstopper
>         functionality
>         nit
>         cosmetic

I'm new to RT (first heard about it from freshmeat.net a few weeks
ago, initial view is that it's great and exactly the kind of thing
that I've been waiting for :) I'm not sure if these are bugs or not,
which is why I'm reporting them here and not to
<rt-2.0-bugs at fsck.com>.

I'm testing RT 1.3.59 on debian woody (MTA is exim).

For other exim users: to make RT 1.3.59 work with exim, I set
$MailCommand to 'sendmail', and $SendmailArguments to "".  exim
doesn't like 'To: "Undiscolosed recipients";', so I changed
lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm to set $To = '', which seems to work nicely.
I've also added "rt" and "www-data" to "trusted_users" in
"/etc/exim.conf".

I have a scrip configured - "OnComment NotifyAdminWatchersAsComment
with template AdminComment".  This appears to work - admin watchers
are notified, but the email has "From:" set to the correspondence
address rather than the comment address.  Is this a bug?  I would
expect the "AsComment" actions to have from set to the comment
address.

I'm using an exim rt_pipe transport, I might have read about that
from RT 1 somewhere, can't remember.  After installing a new RT, I
need to always "chmod 755 bin/rt-mailgate" before incoming mail
works.  This is probably just a local configuration problem.

An enhancement - we get quite a bit of support email where users CC
their boss, for example.  rt-mailgate seems to ignore this
information when creating new tickets.  I think that it would be a
good thing if rt-mailgate added other people on the Cc: and To:
lines to it's own Cc list for the generated tickets (auto creating
users as required).  If I get time, I'll make the required change
myself and post a patch.

--
Kevin Croombs - Technical Support (support at tao-group.com)
Tao Group (http://www.tao-group.com)