[rt-devel] RT 1.3.59 - Eve-before-beta

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed Mar 21 13:32:31 EST 2001

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 04:19:38PM +0000, Kevin Croombs wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm testing RT 1.3.59 on debian woody (MTA is exim).
>
> For other exim users: to make RT 1.3.59 work with exim, I set
> $MailCommand to 'sendmail', and $SendmailArguments to "".  exim
> doesn't like 'To: "Undiscolosed recipients";', so I changed
> lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm to set $To = '', which seems to work nicely.

Hrm. Time to do more docs digging about what _is_ a reasonable string
to put in a to header that won't be interpreted.

> I have a scrip configured - "OnComment NotifyAdminWatchersAsComment
> with template AdminComment".  This appears to work - admin watchers
> are notified, but the email has "From:" set to the correspondence
> address rather than the comment address.  Is this a bug?  I would
> expect the "AsComment" actions to have from set to the comment
> address.

Sorry about that. It'll be better in .60

> I'm using an exim rt_pipe transport, I might have read about that
> from RT 1 somewhere, can't remember.  After installing a new RT, I
> need to always "chmod 755 bin/rt-mailgate" before incoming mail
> works.  This is probably just a local configuration problem.

*nod* the pipe transport does some wacky stuff to call RT directly

> An enhancement - we get quite a bit of support email where users CC
> their boss, for example.  rt-mailgate seems to ignore this
> information when creating new tickets.  I think that it would be a
> good thing if rt-mailgate added other people on the Cc: and To:
> lines to it's own Cc list for the generated tickets (auto creating
> users as required).  If I get time, I'll make the required change
> myself and post a patch.

http://fsck.com/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=259 (login guest/guest) is just
this issue. Some sort of a solution is targetted for Beta 2.

The thing we need to be careful of is not adding watchers that are really
local aliases for RT itself, which RT may not know about.