[rt-devel] RT2 bugs and comments

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Mar 27 01:57:48 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 04:16:49PM +0200, Arthur de Jong wrote:

> As promised more bug(fixes) and comments. I hope RT2 will be stable quick
> so we can take it into production.

Look for more mail from me on that tomorrow or thursday.

> First of all my Date patch didn't get through quite right. The patch for
> editing dates was against two files and only one got partly through
> resulting in wrong output. My Elements/SelectDate and
> Ticket/Elements/EditDates files are attached.

Actually, your original patch worked in a way that wasn't quite how
I wanted to make it work.  The "fill in date" boxes should be blank,
rather than containing the existing date, because, in general, it's going
to be harder for a user to enter a new date.  (The range of acceptable
dates that can be entered is very very wide. you don't have to keep things in
ISO format.  Try typing "next tuesday" into a date selector).

> I modified several files (Ticket/Elements/EditPeople,
> Ticket/Elements/EditWatchers, Ticket/Elements/ShowPeople and
> Ticket/Update.html) to show the Cc's and AdminCc's for the queue alongside
> the list of Cc's and AdminCc's for the ticket. I did a grep on all the
> files and I think these are all the files displaying this info. See
> attached files for my version of the file.

I'll probably take a variant of this into the core release. I want
to make sure that queue and ticket watchers are kept very seperate
and that people always understand who is what sort of watcher.
But I appreciate the need to better inform the user about queue watchers.

> The "Open tickets (from listing) in seperate window" and "Display each
> ticket in its own window" in the Preferences do not seem to work. When I
> select a checkbox and press "Submit" the value is not saved. The checkboxes
> in the resulting page are not selected and I cannot detect any change in
> function of RT (on which page should there be any change anyway?).

*nod* That was some code tobias prototyped that never got implemented.
I suspect that if it looks like it's going to take me
more than 30 minutes to get all happy, it's going to get yanked
until it can be done right for 2.2

> On Administration->Queues->Watchers (Admin/Queues/People.html) there is a
> link per user to Admin/Users/Display.html that does not exist. Shouldn't
> that be Admin/Users/Modify.html?

Well, long term, there should be a "Display" page there too, but for the short
term, yeah, it should link to Modify.

Known issue. Ticket # 39 http://fsck.com/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=39
(see http://fsck.com/rt2/NoAuth/Buglist.html)

> All the modifications listed above can also be found in 1 patchfile
> (bigpatch).

While I'd rather have a "jumbo" patch  than no patch at all, if you're able
to do seperate patches for each feature, that would be even cooler.  Sometimes,
different features have different priorities for getting into the codebase and
it's helpful to be able to pull in the really high-priority stuff right away.

             Thanks for your work on this,
             Jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

There are no supercomputer applications that are solvable that cannot be solved
in finite time using a fucking TRS-80 with approprite disk/tape drives.  Zero.
									-Tanj