[rt-devel] Problems with a RT2 support scenario

Jonas Liljegren jonas at liljegren.org
Sun May 6 13:54:18 EDT 2001

I downloaded the latest version from CVS at 2001-05-02 (YYYY-MM-DD),
version 1.3.70.

I can't decide if I want to include too much or too little
information.  Just say if I should supply more info.

The intention is to have mail to support at rit.se placed in the RT2
system.  An email should go out to those who answer support emails.
That email should include the message and a link to the ticket.

We don't want two persons to answer the email.  The ideal would maby
be to have a link for taking the ticket wight from the email and have
that fail if somebody else already have taken in.

I can't find out what AdminWatchers and AdminCC is supposed to be used
for.  I set up the support staff as AsminWatchers.  I created a new
template NewTicket based on the AdminCorrespondence template.  And
created a scrip in the support cue:
        OnCreate NotifyAdminWatchers with template NewTicket

The following correspondence should not generate emails to the staff.
Only the ticket owner (and persons involved in the correspondence)
should get the emails.

The person who do a change, comment or correspondence should not get
an email, but if it's not the owner, the owner should get one.  I
entered these two global scrips:
        OnComment NotifyOwnerAsComment AdminComment
        OnCorrespond NotifyRequestorsAndCcs Correspondence

Is this how it is supposed to be done?

And now to the problems:

1. The NewTicket templated does not include the actual correspondence
in the ticket.  Sometimes it does, but often it doesn't.  Is it the
case that a multipart message isn't resent with the NewTicket
template?

Here is the NewTicket template:
---
Subject: {$Transaction->Message()->First()->Subject}

New ticket:

<URL {$RT::WebURL}/Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id} >

{$Transaction->Message()->First()->Content()}
---

I would like to know there I can finde documentation for the methods
availible for $Ticket, $Transaction, Message(), First(), etc...

2. An admin gets the email about the new ticket, goes to the web
interface and along with the reply, changes the status to open and
changes the owner.

I think that the status of a ticket should change to open at the same
time it is taken or a reply is made.  It seems uneccessary extra job
to first take a ticket and then open it.  This can be done in one step
during a reply to a new ticket, but it still seems strange.

3. A reply to a ticket via the web interface back to the requestor
somethimes has CRLF line endings.  I guess this showes up because at
least one line ending is not CRLF.

4. I used a scrip to notify a change of status to the ticket owner:

   OnStatus NotifyOwner StatusChange

In (2) above, an admin has just taken the ticket, changing it's status
to open.  That triggerd the changed status email.  But that email a)
bounced because no recipient was specified, and b) the template
produced an error response: