[rt-devel] three patches and comments...

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue May 8 21:22:14 EDT 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 06:15:37PM -0700, Alex Krohn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > The password came from one of the mysql tools (specifying -p without
> > > arguments), and it wasn't obvious which one was wanted.
> >
> > Then it needs better documentation ;)  Was this 1.3.70 or a slightly earlier
> > release? This got improved somewhat late in the 1.3.6x series....
>
> It was 1.3.70. It would be nice to add some prompts in there asking if
> it should create the database, and asking if it should add the user. If
> the password is prompted, why do you need the DB_DBA_PASSWORD?

Good question.

> Oh, one other problem we ran into during setup. Our version of
> perl/linux would not allow non-root users to run setuid perl scripts. So
> if you were not root, then you could not run rt-mailgate. The old
> Request Tracker with the C file worked fine as setuid.

What distribution? Most distributions bundle setgid perl as a seperate
package. And no the C wrapper really wasn't fine.  It caused more problems
than any other section of code.

 -j

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

Any e-mail sent to the SLA will immediately become the intellectual property
of the SLA and the author of said message will enter into a period of
indentured servitude which will last for a period of time no less than seven
years.