[rt-devel] Kill spam from mail

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu May 10 11:09:27 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 05:05:02PM +0200, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 01:24:04PM +0200, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> > > In 1.3.70...
> > >
> > > The RT system is currently rather slow. Many of the pages takes 10
> > > seconds to build. The database has around 150 tickets.  /proc/cpuinfo
> > > says 76.8 bogomips.  We will move to a faster machine.  -- I just
> > > wanted to say that there is a reason for shortcuts...
> >
> > Bogomips aren't really a measure of CPU speed. they're a measure of how
> > fast your computer can execute a tight loop a bunch of times.  Quoting
> > raw CPU Mhz is much more useful.
>
> cpuinfo didn't say.  But I think it's a cyrix 166 or something
> similar.
>
> But it should run 10 times as fast.  Does that mean that I should get
> a 1.6 GHz cpu? :-)

I probably wouldn't run it in production with less than a 500mhz cpu and 128
megs of ram in the box.  As I said though, there's ongoing performance work,
though it's not the highest priority thing going on.  Buying faster hardware
and sponsoring work on performance are both valid ways to deal with this.

> > You can certainly add things to your email templates.
>
> Yes.  I was lazy and thought that you maby would tell me how to do it.
>
> It doesn't say in the documentation.  I could read the source, but I
> thought that I should ask first.  (After I spent 15 minutes searching
> the archive...)

Find examples of the links you want in the web ui. copy the URLs.
Paste them into your email templates.  replace the static ticket ids
with the same magic blob for ticket id in other templates.

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

IP networks were intended to survive nuclear attack, but 12 year old
kids with PCs were not part of the threat model.   -- mycroft