[rt-devel] Mail Templates

Feargal Reilly feargal at online.thecia.ie
Fri May 18 00:15:42 EDT 2001

I just popped this off to rt-2.0-bugs, but I though some of you may be playing with this, so just a note to save you time figuring out what's gone wrong...

> Currently a case of 'user beware'...
>
> If you create a new template, you need to make sure that there is a properly blank line after the Subject Header, in order to be compliant with RFC822
>
> I'd suggest either:
>
> Make a big note about it somewhere, and on the edit page, or...
>
> Break the template up into header and body.
>
> Then have two fields in the form, one for header lines, and one for body, and don't rely on the user adding the blank space.
>
> Alternativly, maybe you can parse the template when it's submitted, and if non-compliant, return the error.

-Feargal.

    _/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/_/_/  Feargal Reilly,
   _/       _/   _/    _/  Systems Administrator,
  _/       _/   _/_/_/_/   The Communications Interactive Agency.
 _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/    _/    Phone: +353-86-8157621.